I find the combination of chocolate and banana unbeatable! With this recipe for vegan banana bread as muffins you get the full chocolate pleasure. Ground nuts and walnut topping give the muffins a delicious touch.
Zur deutschen Version gehts hier entlang.
These muffins are (almost) sugar-free and super suitable for afternoon snack or a quick breakfast. For guests and as a nice decoration is well suited plain chocolate coating. If you then sprinkle them with walnuts, they are also a real eye-catcher on the coffee table.
If you prefer to bake vegan nut muffins, I recommend my recipe for healthy streusel muffins with nuts. You can find the recipe under the following link:
The ingredients or alternatives for vegan banana bread
Either you prepare this vegan banana bread classically in a loaf pan or you use muffin tins, as in this recipe. It tastes great both ways!
- Sweetener: If you like the muffins a little sweeter, you can add some additional sugar.
- Neutral vegetable oil: I like to use sunflower oil for baking. It makes the batter nice and moist. But it also works with other oils.
- Flour: You can use regular flour (type 405) or gluten-free flour.
- Nuts: You can add whole or chopped nuts to the dough as needed. This gives a delicious crunch.
- For the topping: You can add some melted chocolate on top of the muffins. This not only looks great, but tastes delicious in combination with the nuts!